We love the varied nature of our job because every day is different and every situation is unique because it will refer to a particular business. Even situations that look similar on paper will be different in practice because our guidance will help business owners manage in the way they want to and not in prescriptive, one size fits all manner.
To give you a flavour of what we have been up to in the first three months of this year, here are just a few of the things we have working on and the issues we have resolved for our clients:
- Advised on an organisational review and re-structure for a Yorkshire based charity
- Developed an HR strategy (following a staff survey and focus groups on four sites) for an award winning professional services organisation that is based in Huddersfield
- Delivered a recruitment training workshop under the Ad:Venture programme for new and growing businesses
- Managed delicate long term sickness absence issues for three different clients
- Conducted several staff inductions on site for clients – and some exit interviews too
- Supported six clients with the recruitment of new staff for several positions ranging from apprentices to board level directors
- Supported a client and their employee with mental health challenges
- Fully revised the staff handbooks and associated HR documentation for three new clients
- Supported a client and their employee with return to work following maternity leave
- Created and circulated a HR related guide to the impact of GDPR to our clients
- Supported five clients with disciplinary action on matters ranging from timekeeping and absenteeism to gross misconduct
- And much, much, much more!
If people management is an issue in your business, give us a call because we are here to help. We help manage your team so you can manage your business.